PCI Merchant Services are making it feasible for you to attain the services of PCI. Know the Facts of PCI compliance levels and get into the prominent agenda of PCI compliance. What is actually PCI and how it works all these details are very important for you. In addition to this, you must be aware of the levels of compliance levels and what they role actually.
Facts to know about PCI Compliance Levels-
Probably about knowing the PCI and its compliance levels, therefore altogether the levels are all four. Yes, all four levels of PCI compliance are there that are organized by the merchants. Facts of compliance levels are easy to figure out and hence the reason can be relevant for using these levels into your business.
For sure, the merchant uses the card transactions volume for these PCI compliances. Not only this, but there are the additional information given here. All in all, the card transactions are for debit and credit as well as prepaid card holders.
Get to know which PCI level best suits your business and according to the compliance just run your business respectively. Thereafter, if there may such breaching happens to any merchant then the obligation can be escalated to the higher level of compliance to endorse them appositely.
How to fulfill the PCI compliance requirements and what they are?
This is been mandatory to know about the compliance level requirements. Are they making any such support when you are running your business and along with this what kind of favors it is adhering to support your business when you are in trouble?
There are given the complete over-arching requirements for PCI compliance:
- First of all, you need to install and then maintain a firewall configuration. This will easily help to protect cardholder data.
- You need to advise not to use any particular vendor-supplied defaults. Don’t use these defaults for system passwords and for any other parameter for security.
- Furthermore, there is also a valid suggestion to protect your stored cardholder data
- Including this, across open, public networks there is another security of Encrypt transmission of cardholder data
- Moreover, you need to update anti-virus software or programs and then use them frequently or regularly.
- In addition to this, just develop more applications and then maintain them with security systems.
Level 1 merchants: –
These types of merchants process more than 6 million transactions. The transaction can be done through various channels like if the card is present or not present. There can be also e-commerce channels as well.
Merchants of Level 1 must do the following:
- They firstly need to accomplish their ROC that is the report of compliance. This will be done through a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA)
- Then the next thing to Complete all the quarterly network scans. These quality scans are by an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV)
- Also, they need to Complete the compliance form of attestation as well.
Level 2 merchants:-
These merchants process minimum transactions from 1 million to 6 million yearly. These transactions will be through different channels.
- On the very first thing, they need to SAQ which is the Annual Self-Assessment Questionnaire.
- Also, fulfill the quarterly network scan by an ASV and attest the compliance form to proceed.
Level 3 merchants:-
The merchants of Level 3 are the merchants who process the transactions from 20,000 to 1 million. These will be all card transactions annually. Hence, the transaction of cards will be via eCommerce processing methods.
- Additionally, these level 3 merchants need to accomplish the Annual SAQ and by ASV complete the quality network scans. Along with this, at last, they need to fill the attestation compliance form to proceed further.
Level 4 merchants:-
These types of merchants cross up to 1 million card transactions. Transactions should not cross 20,00 via e-commerce annually.
- Firstly, complete your Annual SAQ and then quarterly network scan with attesting your compliance form.